Christina Aguilera, 30, was arrested along with her boyfriend, Matthew Rutler,25, in West Hollywood – Christina for public intoxication and Rutler for driving under influence (DUI).
Cops say … Aguilera was a passenger in a car driven by Matthew Rutler when officers noticed he was driving erratically around 2:45 AM … so they pulled the vehicle over.
Officers determined Rutler was drunk and arrested him for misdemeanor DUI.
Cops say the deputies determined Aguilera was also “extremely intoxicated” … and since she was unable to care for herself, Aguilera was taken into custody.
However, the source adds, “If the driver had NOT been arrested for DUI, [Christina] would have never been in trouble.”
Some information about Matthew Rutler!
1. He’s a Jersey Boy: The 25-year-old hails from Wyckoff, New Jersey, where his parents still reside. But he didn’t head for Hollywood right after high school. Matthew got his undergraduate degree from Roger Williams University in Rhode Island. According to his Facebook page, he studied business and music.
2. Burlesque Wasn’t His First Time at the Rodeo: He’s only been working as a P.A. since 2009, but has built a pretty impressive IMDb résumé, with credits on The Town, The Social Network and Just Go With It.
3. He’s a Music Man: Matthew is the lead singer and guitarist of The Nate Mott Band, which hails from New England. According to the band’s site: “Not only does he have a captivating stage presence that ignites the crowd, but he also backs it up with fierce solos and an array of effects that provide a stylistic edge.” But it sounds like his girlfriend comes before his guitar. The band put up an announcement saying Matt would be unable to perform in their latest shows in December 2010 due to “personal reasons.” December of last year is also the time he and Christina began officially dating.
4. He’s in the GOP: According to public records, Matt is registered as a Republican back in Jersey. No word on whether his move to California made him more of a liberal.
5. They’re Astrologically Compatible: Matthew, who turns 26 in April, is supposedly an Aries, while Xtina is a Sagittarius. “An instant rapport has these two impulsive, active fire signs in love in at first sight,” one site says of this combination. Yep, that sounds about right!Source: www.eonline.com
Time for rehab for hollywood star?