Whether you want to define a word, learn the name of a bone, practice your French, or prep for the SAT, iPhone has the smartest apps around.
Here is the list of 7, in my opinion, the best iPhone Apps for students. Educate, Learn, Find, Experiment, Search etc. With these apps everything is possible…
Discover the world.
Find even the most remote places on Earth with a few taps of the National Geographic World Atlas app. This pocket-size iPhone atlas features the same high-resolution images as the Society’s award-winning wall maps and bound atlases. Designed specifically for the iPhone and iPod touch, National Geographic’s new and improved World Atlas puts our best maps in the palm of your hand.
What’s New in Version 2.0
– Added 3D globe to initial home screen, with choice of 3 different map styles.
– Improved the image quality and legibility of early world map zoom levels.
– Updated Flags & Facts with current information, including recent changes to areas such as Southern Sudan.
Even with the upgrade, the only maps included are maps of the world and the continents. Regional and country maps should be available as in-app purchases, and also thematic maps such as the ones for Shakespeare’s Britain, the Lands of the Bible, the Civil War and the Destination City Maps.
Once you’ve completed the “in app” download of the higher resolution versions of the maps – about 90 MBs total per full map version (Classic or Executive) this becomes an outstanding “stand alone” i.e. “no Internet required” atlas/map of the ENTIRE world. Once you’ve zoomed past the greatest zoom point of the “on board” map (which is stored directly on your iPhone), it transitions seamlessly to Bing maps whose information is stored ONLlINE. At this point you WILL be using the data plan of your device. Currently there is no way to turn this feature off so as not to incur said data charges. You can keep track of which map you’re using by keeping an eye on the little map selector at the bottom of the screen. “Road” and “Satellite” are online maps supplied by Bing.
Ground control to iPhone.
Become an outer space insider with the NASA App. Mission video, orbit trackers, and the astronomy picture of the day — as well as NASA Twitter feeds and mission updates — are never further than your fingertips with the official app of America’s space program.
The first official NASA App invites you to discover a wealth of NASA information right on your iPhone or iPod Touch. The NASA App collects, customizes and delivers an extensive selection of dynamically updated information, images and videos from various online NASA sources in a convenient mobile package. Come explore with us.
Make the grade.
What’s New in Version 1.5.1
• Added option to select separate iCal calendars to show in iStudiez Pro
• Added Sync progress indicator
Reach for the stars.
– Star Spotter – real time motion tracking tells you what stars are above you in the sky;
– Satellites Tracking – never miss ISS flying over your head again;
– Time Machine – see what the sky looks like at any moment in the past or future;
– Calendar of Celestial Events: plan stargazing without leaving your favorite app.
– Picture of the Day – stunning pictures from deep space;
– Night Mode – preserve your dark vision to see more stars;
– Search – wondering where Jupiter is right now? Arrow will guide you to it;
– Big Screen – connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen.
+ AirPrint, Moon Phases, Info, View from any location, TelRad, Sharing, Bookmarks, and more!
What’s New in Version 5.2.2
Bug fixes and improvements:
• Fixed Star Walk Server problem connected with sharing features.
• Improved Search function behavior.
• Fixed some mistakes in different localizations.
• Fixed Earth lighting in Home Location window.
• Improved AR mode turning on animation.
• Fixed Moon lighting inaccuracy.
• Fixed occasional crashes during PODs browsing.
Look it up.
+ Over 60,000 audio pronunciations for dictionary entries
+ No wireless connection required (audio pronunciations require wireless connection)
+ Offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of current English
+ New “Word Trends” feature charts usage for rapidly changing words and phrases
+ Powered by Oxford’s extensive language research program, including the 2-billion-word Oxford English Corpus
+ $29.99 represents a 50% discount from the $60 MSRP of the hardcover version
What’s New in Version 2.0.1
+ Updated UI
+ Bug Fixes
Become a convert.
? Simple, elegant user interface
? Built-in calculator… no need to switch to the Calculator app
? Unit calculations
? A simple way to set your favorite units
? Currency conversion values updated live
? Copy & paste (for OS 3.0 users and above)
? Innovative “Disclosure Picker” for revealing unit names makes selection easier
? Revolutionary “Magic Lens” displays only relevant info, reducing clutter
What’s New in Version 1.0.1
– fixed incorrect conversion values
– added Philippine Pesos to currency
– added milliliters to volume
– fixed typos
– minor graphics revisions