The iPhone Dev Team have released an update to ultrasn0w as promised for unlocking iPhone 4, 3GS on supported basebands. The latest release of ultrasn0w i.e., Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 can unlock baseband 01.59.00 on iPhone 4 and 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 and 06.15.00 on iPhone 3GS. Read the full post to know more about this update:
Dev Team has provided the following information on their blog about Ultrasn0w 1.2.1:
We’ve pushed out the 4.3.1 compatibility fix for ultrasn0w in Cydia – it’s now at version 1.2.1. If you’re not already at 4.3.1 and you need the unlock, please be sure you understand how to get to 4.3.1 using acustom IPSW that doesn’t update your baseband.
This isn’t a new unlock! It’s to allow those who are already using ultrasn0w to use FW 4.3.1. It also fixes the signal bar issue for those who can’t using the unlock but retain an older baseband intentionally.
AFTER INSTALLING ULTRASN0W 1.2.1, PLEASE REBOOT YOUR iPHONE using the normal “slide topower off” swipe. T-Mobile users in the USA also should disable 3G mode in Settings -> General -> Network.
A big thanks to @sbingner and @ronaldsb for helping with testing of this update!
So, if you meet the baseband requirements, then you need to follow these steps to unlock your jailbroken iPhone or fix the signal bar issue (T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w):
Launch ‘Cydia’ from the homescreen.
- Tap on the ‘Search’ tab and search for ‘ultrasn0w’ (Make sure you typed number ’0′ instead of letter ‘o’ in ultrasn0w).
- Select Ultrasn0w from the search results.
- Then tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- You will be prompted to ‘Restart Springboard’, tap on it.
- And it’s done! Just Reboot your iPhone now and your iPhone should now be successfully unlocked or the signal bar issue should be fixed.
However, if you’re having any problem, do let us know as we’re here to help you.
Now what do you say about this update?
Please feel free to share your views with us by leaving comments below.